Cameron Brown, bass!
- Studied with:
- Frank Sinco (Detroit Symphony)
- Ron Carter
- Dave Holland
- Diana Mizelle.
- Academic work:
- graduated Columbia College of City of N.Y., 1969 (B.A. in Sociology)
- graduate work in education at Lehman College, N.Y.
- Played &/or recorded with: George Russell, Don Cherry, Bill Barron, Donald Byrd, Booker Ervin, Ted Curson, Lee Konitz, Jon Lucien, Sheila Jordan, Beaver Harris, Roswell Rudd, Chet Baker, Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers, Archie Shepp, Betty Carter, John Hicks, toured and recorded with the Connie Crothers-Lennie Popkin Quartet, Dewey Redman, Ricky Ford, Steve Grossman, Joe Lovano, Jane Ira Bloom, Charlie Rouse, Mal Waldron, and others.
- ...a very individual melodic mind and superb technique... so impressive that the bulk of the audience (a group usually indifferent to bass solos) literally cried for more.
-Michael Cuscuna, DOWNBEAT
- ...prodigiously skilled...
-Anthony Hopkins, TIMES of LONDON
- ...stunning tone, exemplary time and taste...
-Richard M. Sudhalter, NEW YORK POST
- ...Widely recognized as one of the finest bassists on the current jazz scene...
-CITIZEN'S VOICE, Wilkes Barre, PA.
Return to Richard Tabnik's bio.
Return to "Recordings".
Return to "Web Page Index".
Return to home page.